Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Beautiful Indian Rose Lassi - Low Carb

Sugar-Free Rose Lassi



For my birthday a while back, my daughters treated me to dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant. I tried my first Rose Lassi there. I fell in love. Again.

Rose lassi is a yogurt-based drink. It comes in different flavors (like yummy mango). It contains a lot of sugar though. So, I decided to create my own version of rose lassi that wasn't sugar loaded.This recipe contains healthy probiotics and protein from the yogurt, and is colored a pale pink from the dried beet root powder. Beet root powder by the way, is loaded with wonderful antioxidants and makes a very healthy food coloring. I use it a lot in my kitchen. You can buy beet root powder at the health food store.

Rose lassi makes a great breakfast or snack, and we love it at our house. I hope you pamper yourself with this unique drink.

ROSE LASSI Recipe:
Serves 2 to 3

2 c. yogurt (or Greek yogurt or buttermilk)
1 c. water or organic milk
4 T. xylitol or erythritol or Lakanto (or organic evaporated cane juice - not sugar-free), to taste
1 T. rose water (not rose syrup)
1 c. ice 
1/8 t. dried beet root powder, optional
1 pinch BioSalt, optional (recipe on blog)
1/4 t. cardamom powder, optional
Stevia glycerite, to taste, if the drink is not sweet enough (recipe on this blog)

Method;

Place all ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend until frothy.
Add the ice and just crush the ice in the blender, so that there are small chunks of ice throughout.
Serve at once in chilled glasses.


Perfect to serve with an Indian meal.






Enjoy!

Leila




No comments:

Post a Comment