Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Other Favorite 2-Minute Egg Sandwich

This is a great hot sandwich and it's easy to make. 

2-Minute Egg Sandwich

We had this for dinner tonight because I worked past dinner time and I hadn't planned ahead. I actually crave this tasty sandwich, which is weird because I'm generally not a sandwich person.

Choose a good, on the sweet side B-B-Q sauce, because it makes the sandwich. My husband first made this egg sandwich for me when we were dating... and I fell in love - and the sandwich wasn't bad either!


As a teenager, my husband was an assistant breakfast cook in a ski resort restaurant, called Purgatory. He also learned how to make a mean sunny-side-up egg (I'll post his method later). I asked him if it got hot in that Purgatory kitchen (yup). I'm thinking it was hot in that kitchen because HE was in it!

Anyway, try this sandwich - it's yummy.

You can omit the dairy if desired, and of course, you can choose a gluten-free option.


Egg Sandwich Recipe:

Serves: One

1 extra-large egg
1 T. purified water or organic whole milk, optional
1 scallion, minced
1/2 c. chopped vegetable mix of choice, fresh or frozen
1/2 t. dried onion flakes
1/8 t. garlic seasoning of choice
1/8 t. fresh ground black pepper
BioSalt or sea salt, to taste
Cheese for topping
Sandwich bun of choice (gluten-free if preferred)
Mayonnaise
B-B-Q sauce of choice
Garnishes like sliced tomato, sliced avocado, spinach...


Method:

Oil the bottom of a 2-cup baking dish about the circumference of your sandwich bun.
Crack the egg into the dish, and add the water or milk and whisk to blend.
Add scallion and chopped vegetables, to taste.
Season with dried onion flakes, garlic seasoning, and pepper.
Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Salt the top of the egg to taste, then top with cheese and microwave on high 30 seconds to melt.
Prepare your sandwich bun with mayonnaise and a generous portion of B-B-Q sauce.
Place egg pattie onto bun and top with garnishes of choice.
Eat hot.


Note: Normandy vegetable blend is good when you want fast vegetables. We will also use an oriental vegetable blend. We chop it up uncooked and stir into the egg. I do prefer using fresh chopped vegetables however (like broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrot...)


Photos of the process:

Prep the vegetables.
Chopped frozen Oriental vegetable blend.
Mix the vegies into the egg.
Season the egg and prepare the bun.
The uncooked egg mixture is ready to microwave..
The egg mixture has been microwaved for 90 seconds, making an egg pattie.
Topping the egg with Provolone cheese.
Microwave 30 seconds to melt the cheese
The cheese-topped egg pattie is ready to transfer to the bun.
Now top with desired garnishes.






EAT.


Enjoy,

Leila.


P.S.   Speaking of my cute husband, he bought me these gorgeous flowers this week. I thought I'd share them with you :)





Thanks sweetie!


Author, Leila.

No comments:

Post a Comment