Cafe Rio Copy-Cat Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (Sugar-Free)
I love this dressing. I had to recreate it. I did side-by-side comparisons until it was right. It will last a few days in the refrigerator, but I like it best fresh. The tangy-sweet balance of flavors goes great on a Cafe Rio-style Mexican salad, and on tacos or tostadas, along with the Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. I chose to use white wine vinegar instead of white vinegar for health reasons. If you decide you want to use sugar instead of xylitol, Just replace it with an equal amount of sugar. I hope you enjoy this as much as our family does.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Recipe (Sugar-Free)
2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (to taste)
1 T. finely minced sweet onion (to taste)
1 large bunch cilantro with stems
Fresh lime zest from 2 limes
1/2 c. fresh lime juice (from 4 limes)
1/2 t. fresh ground coriander
1/4 c. white wine vinegar (not regular white vinegar)
6 T. xylitol (to taste) (or Lakanto zero-cal sweetener)
1 T. BioSalt (recipe on blog)
1 1/2 c. salad oil
1. Dissolve the xylitol and BioSalt into the vinegar by gently heating together in a microwave-safe 2-cup measuring cup 20-30 seconds. Stir until completely dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, place the cloves of garlic, process until minced fine.
3. Add the onion and mince fine.
4. Roughly chop the cilantro with stems and add to the food processor. Chop fine.
5. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and coriander. Pulse to blend.
6. Pour in the salad oil and vinegar mixture. Process just until mixed (do not puree).
Tip: If you do store it in the fridge, let it come back up to room temperature if the oil has solidified.